7A - Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1
1) The opportunity that I would like to pursue is the opportunity that airports in the United States have a major opportunity to fix the long security and TSA lines that occur at almost every airport.
2) Airports in the United States are unable to conveniently and efficiently screen and security check patrons because of the large amounts of people and the strict regulations that must be followed by TSA and other security in the time since 9/11.
2) Airports in the United States are unable to conveniently and efficiently screen and security check patrons because of the large amounts of people and the strict regulations that must be followed by TSA and other security in the time since 9/11.
- The who: United States Airports
- The what: Unable to move patrons quickly and efficiently through security checkpoints
- The why: Mass amounts of people with limited resources in terms of workers
3)
- Testing the who: I talked to a few of my friends that I knew had traveled recently and the conclusion I came to is that everyone is affected by slow security at airports. I believe that I am not alone in believing that there is a very necessary need here. I think that anyone that consistently flies or has flown in the past decade can agree that the security at the airport is infuriatingly slow and a process that is very unpredictable and can lead to missed flights or vacations. I think that most people can agree that there is probably a fix to this problem.
- Testing the what: When asking others about the difficulties with airport I made sure to ask about different airports they had traveled to and they all seemed to agree that every airport in the U.S. is plagued by slow security. Every person that I interviewed said that the Orlando airport has one of the worst cases and is a prime example of how to not handle security at an airport. This piqued my interest and I did recall waiting in an extremely long line to check my carry-on bag last time I was in that airport.
- Testing the why: I asked all of the people I interviewed why they thought that the lines for airport security were so long and the answers varied. Some said it is because the airports are understaffed during peak travel hours, some said that its slow on purpose to deter terrorist attacks and some said its slow because travelers are not properly educated on how to go through security, adding extra time for TSA agents telling them what to do.
4) To summarise my findings, I believe that airport security is a major annoyance and problem for most people who travel. Many people can agree that airport security is an easily fixable and somewhat simple solution that can be worked on but I do not necessarily agree with that statement. I believe that the problem is very complex and deserves to be worked on in great detail.
5) One thing about this problem that I didn't know before is the fact that there is a conspiracy that TSA security is slow on purpose. This was a very surprising theory to me but the more I thought about it, the more I could see how someone could believe that it is an intentional problem. This explains why the security is extremely slow at almost every airport in the U.S.
Comments
Post a Comment