Bug List

Bug List

1.    The buffet line where I eat lunch is far too slow and it takes way too long to get food and eat. Many times, the area around the hot bar is too crowded and the kitchen staff cannot access the bar to refill it quickly enough which creates a massive traffic jam.
2.    There is no easy or convenient way to effectively clean up clumps of dog hair off of the floor. Having brown floors and brown dog hair makes it nearly impossible to see and clean up all of the dog hair which allows it to accumulate over time.
3.    In classes without assigned seating, It can be very disorienting to have to change where you have been sitting for almost half a semester because someone else decided to sit in your seat. I think every class should have assigned seating. 
4.    There is far too much litter everywhere you look in Gainesville. Many people are too ignorant or lazy to find a proper trash can to dispose of their waste. The city of Gainesville and UF should install more trashcans in and around campus. 
5.    Roommates leaving the room in the morning before I wake up always wakes me up because of the door slamming. The door hinges are very old and need to be replaced so that the door doesn’t slam
6.    Some of the basketball courts have odd hours and are closed after classes when me and my friends want to play basketball. Gym should be open for longer so that people can really utilize the hours.
7.    The battery on my laptop has very poor performance and can sometimes run out during class or studying. I have had this laptop for 5 years it is probably time to replace it.
8.    Living in a room with no windows makes it extremely difficult to wake up on time and get a sense of what time it is in the morning. There are alarm clocks that make artificial light to combat this. 
9.    During winter time, my scooter sometimes has a very difficult time starting and staying on. I need to do maintenance on the scooter so that I don’t encounter these problems during the winter. 
10.  I get sick very easily living with 55 other people In one house. If everyone had hand sanitizer and used it, germs would be destroyed left and right. 
11.  The line at Starbucks in lib west is way too long in the morning sometimes. There just simply aren’t enough employees working at peak hours to sustain the amount of customers. 
12.  Sometimes I get randomly booted from the UF WIFI because I don’t have certain software installed on my computer. Unless I have broken the rules I should be able to use the WIFI. 
13.  I typically eat dinner around 5:30 which is too early in my opinion. Often I will have to go make or get my own food later because I get hungry later. 
14.  Unfriendly professors make everyone’s day worse. I am so appreciative of professors that work hard and make time for students to come see them and get the help that they need
15.  Sometimes my neighbors play music too loud late at night. An agreement about appropriate hours to play music would solve this. 
16.  The house I live in only has filtered water on the first floor so I have to go all the way downstairs to get it. A water purifier on the third floor would be a great addition. 
17.  Timing up my walk to class with the stoplights on 13thstreet can sometimes lead me to be late to class. I wish they followed a more rigorous schedule. 
18.  The bar scene in Gainesville is ruined by underage kids trying to get into every bar. Many of the lines at midtown can be an hour or more on weekend nights. 
19.  There is no good place for me to dry clothes and towels. Living in a pitch black room allows mold to grow on my things if I am not careful.
20.  During the summer my comforter is too hot and during the winter it is too cold. I need to see about getting a better comforter. 


I found this exercise to be extremely difficult because I was racking my brain for problems or inconveniences that I ignore every day. This was a great exercise in really opening my eyes to the possibilities for improvement in all aspects of my life and all of the little things that bug me and probably so many other people every day. 

Comments

  1. Hi! Great post! On most things, I have the same feelings as you! My neighbors sometimes will hold parties on weekends! They always keep loud until 12 pm. Although I'm not studying, this is just annoying! About the UF wifi, I strongly feel you! There was a period time that I forgot to update the software, I couldn't log into the Wifi almost a week. I even thought my laptop was broken. Glad I found the reason later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment