My Entrepreneurship Story

My entrepreneurship story would probably have to include the time that I created my own neighborhood baseball league when I was in 5th grade. My friends and I were always outside playing and running around. We loved to play all different sports and games all day until there simply wasn't enough sunlight left for us to play. We loved every game but we all agreed that we loved to play 4 vs. 4 baseball the best of any game. Although playing informally was fun and still a good time, I thought it would be really fun to make a baseball league with set teams, trades a name and a designated stadium. So I got to work creating the "Sienna league" (named after the street the games were played on). I got 20 kids from my street and the next two streets over to join the league and we had so much fun playing baseball and holding a home run derby every month. I really saw the potential for a more organized way to play that would keep the game interesting and fun and to my knowledge, everyone liked it and thought it was a good idea too.


I enrolled in this class because I have always had a genuine interest in entrepreneurship and I thought that it would be really beneficial and interesting to learn about the theories and practices behind entrepreneurship. I am very excited to keep learning about the way that entrepreneurs think and the things that entrepreneurs do to make our lives better behind the scenes every day.


image:project-play-kids-on-street.jpg

Comments

  1. Hi! Great post! Your story reminds me of my soccer team in high school. We had competitions with different high schools, and with other schools, we formed a high school league of soccer. It is an excellent memory! I have the same goal of enrolling in this class as you, too! I believe that to learn how to think in a way that entrepreneurs do is essential. Maybe I won't start my entrepreneurship, but the way to remember is always useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,

    Your story is so wholesome! It really warmed my heart that your opportunity to create something awesome came from one of the best memories as a child that we have now as adults-- playing outside with our friends. Your story really took me back to my old days in the neighborhood, where my siblings and I and 10 other kids from the neighborhood would play outside all day during the Summer. It was one of the best times of my life. Thinking about this now really makes me want to go back and wish it never ended! Your story goes to show that no one is too little to create something big! I am sure that the league you started in your area is now an amazing memory to many kids who grew up with you. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment