11A - Idea Napkin No. 1

1.) My name is Burns Cullen and I am a student at the University of Florida. I have a background in technology and have always been very interested in how different devices and pieces of technology work. I have a lot of work experience in data analytics and I have also spent a lot of time working in kitchens in the food service industry. What inspires me most is the drive to help others and create processes that make things more efficient for everyone.

2.) The product that I am offering to customers is a phone app that is designed to save students money incrementally over time. The app will help students to save a little bit of money at a time without taking too much money out of their account at once.

3.) This product will mostly be tailored to college students who are looking to save money for small things like a little trip or a fun activity. This app will not be for big savings or huge purchases.

4.) I think that customers should care about my product because it is tailored specifically to them. The product allows them to specify an amount of money that they want or need to save and the algorithm will compute what percentage of their income to set aside so that they can meet that savings goal. The app will work simultaneously with all major credit cards and banks.

5.) I think what really would set this app apart from all other savings apps is the personal touches that the app will have. The fact that you can tell the app what you want to save for and by when is a unique concept and will pay huge dividends in the future.

I truly believe that this idea has major potential. All of the elements of the app make sense together and they can easily be implemented or taken out. The main thing that is necessary for the immediate function of the app is the customer itself because the app is centered around the customer.

Comments

  1. Michael,

    Your experience sounds extremely valuable! It seems like you are very knowledgeable in the realm of technology, which could ultimately do you very well in the detailed process of creating your app! I have experience in the food industry and retail industry as well, and it has served me a lot of good. Many people don't realize truly how much one can learn in the food industry, and the workers in this field are often times looked past because they don't work in the corporate side of things. Working hands-on with customers is how you get to know your audience, so it is extremely valuable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael, I wanted to reach out and say thank you for all the good work with the post and teaching us about app creation. That being said, I found it nice and interesting to hear about your views on the world of the idea creation. You and I had similar interests and talking points, especially in the food industry idea creation sector and I found it cool to connect on that point. Keep up the good work and as always, take care!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment