14A - Halfway Reflection
Throughout this course I have been developing my skills in discipline, timing and planning ahead. With the flexible schedule that we work with in this class it is very easy to put off the work until a later time but I have done my best to stay on top of everything. It is easier to plan out a schedule of your week and when you will do your assignments rather than simply doing everything at the last minute. The time I really most felt like giving up was when I had to drop calculus during my freshman fall semester but then I persevered by taking it later and doing well in the class. It took a lot of hard work but I finally passed the class with a solid grade. I think that my personality overall is just tuned to not give up or give in too easily. I really enjoy the grind and believe that I can do anything that I set my mind to.
Three tips I would give to students who take this class next semester are to:
1.) Stay on top of all assignments - The process of doing the assignments can take hours and you don't want to spend your entire day doing homework when you could just do little bits and pieces here and there throughout the week.
2.) Don't let a missed assignment get you down - Everyone misses deadlines sometimes. There is always a way to redeem yourself and correct your mistake. The biggest mistake you can make is making the same mistake twice.
3.) Leave time for brainstorming - Many of the assignments in this class require a lot of higher level thinking and need to make sure that every time you log in to canvas to do this class that you are thinking properly and clearly.
Three tips I would give to students who take this class next semester are to:
1.) Stay on top of all assignments - The process of doing the assignments can take hours and you don't want to spend your entire day doing homework when you could just do little bits and pieces here and there throughout the week.
2.) Don't let a missed assignment get you down - Everyone misses deadlines sometimes. There is always a way to redeem yourself and correct your mistake. The biggest mistake you can make is making the same mistake twice.
3.) Leave time for brainstorming - Many of the assignments in this class require a lot of higher level thinking and need to make sure that every time you log in to canvas to do this class that you are thinking properly and clearly.

Hey Burns! I really liked a lot of your ideas. My favorite thing you said in your post was to give yourself time to brainstorm. I think everyone in this class has been tripped up by an assignment where we had to come up with a topic or opportunity at least once. Also, I do agree with you that getting things done on time and maybe even prior to the due date are very beneficial. By not adding this extra and unnecessary stress onto ourselves, we can perform much better in the work we are submitting.
ReplyDeleteHey Micheal,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I really like the tips you mentioned in your post. Some of the assignment of this class definitely required some time for brainstorm. And also that helps you keep top on all the assignment tool. I do believe what you get out from this class is base on what you put in and this is definitely a really interesting class as well.