15A - Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2

1.) The three people that I interviewed all seemed very interested in the app idea. It is important to remember that there is a strict demographic that the app is trying to target and that is college age students or young adults fresh out of college. All three people that I interviewed fell into this categorization and they all agreed that an app like this would greatly benefit them. The unique financial planning aspect of this app is what sets it apart from the other apps like it in the same marketplace. It is extremely important to understand your demographic when designing an app targeted at a very specific group of people.

2.) In the questions that I asked my interviewees, it became increasingly apparent that the main need for these people was simplicity of use. Busy college students want an app that will easily satisfy their needs without being overly complicated and a pain to set up and use. I think a simple interface with few settings and buttons would work best to cater to these needs.

3.) All of my sales will be online through the Apple app store or the Google Play store. These online app retailers are always available and provide more than enough functionality in terms of reviews from other customers and previews of how the apps will work and what they will look like. I think my college age demographic will respond especially well to this.

4.) I think the biggest post purchase evaluation that my customers will make is did they meet their financial goals? It is the main reason of the app and the thing that I promise that the app is working towards. I think that customers that may not reach their goals may consider my app a waste of time or a scam which would not reflect well on my app.

5.) From what I've learned, it is gonna be very important to cater the entire app experience to the college age specific demographic, no other demographic will appreciate the app like this one. The main reason that I think people will appreciate the app is because of its simplicity and ease of use.

6.) I really believe that my app will have a winning formula. I think it has all of the necessary elements to make a really great product that will genuinely help people and make people save their hard earned money that they may not currently even realize that they are spending the wrong way.

Comments