18A - Create a Customer Avatar

I think my stereotypical customer would be a college student who has a bank account and spends a decent amount of money regularly. They would not be too frugal of a person because then the app simply would serve no purpose. The app would also probably mostly cater to non business students or students who were really unfamiliar about how to budget money. They probably watch T.V. shows such as The Office, Rick and Morty and Silicon Valley. My age range of subjects is probably most close to 18-29, these people are most likely to be wanting to save up money to do road trips, spring break trips and concert tickets. I think that the app will mostly appeal to active individuals who want to get experiences and to see a lot of the world. This app will help them to save money to make those wants into a reality. I think that I have a lot in common with my customer base and I really want to connect with them. I think it will be easy to connect with them because I will know exactly what type of person that they are and exactly what they want.




Comments

  1. HI Micheal,
    I think you did a great job on connecting with your potential customers. I do agree that the target market of your product should be mostly college student and more specifically, college student with the mindset to save some money but do not know much about budgeting. I also agree that those Tv shows are usually what a college kids would watch. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michael,

    I love how descriptive you were with your avatar! The Office, Rick and Morty, and Sillicon Valley are all TV shows with a very particular sense of humor, and I think you've done a good job at piecing a prototypical customer just from describing the TV shows they'd watch! Rick and Morty is hilarious, by the way. Also giving an example of what your avatar would need the extra savings for really nails in what kind of customer this is! I would love an app that helped me save for trips across the country. Concert tickets and road trips all included! Great job, this was a really good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michael,

    I wanted to say good job on another effective post that had you address the assignment at hand in a professional manner. In this case, your avatar laid out a solid foundation which opened my eyes up to how you would connect to the college student mindset. With this taken into account, I understood the context surrounding your avatar motivations and commonalities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment