19A - Idea Napkin No. 2

My name is Michael Burns Cullen and I am a third year Information Systems major at the University of Florida. I am a hard worker who is extremely interested in technology and business intelligence. I have experience in data analytics and the food service industry. I think this business will be a major part in my life and I think it has major potential to be a major source of income for me and my family. I am devoted to making this app happen and I won't stop working at it until it is done.

Basically what I am offering to customers is financial flexibility due to savings. My app is designed to save college students money for small trips or medium expense items that wouldn't normally be financially obtainable for a college students. When you're in college, it can be extremely difficult for anyone to save money because of so many surprise expenses and the increasing expenses of school and education in general.

The app will be offered mostly to college students. My target demographic is for students who have a job or allowance but may not know exactly how to budget their money in order to save a significant amount. I think that every college student should have a savings account and a job so that they can save some of that money they make each week. My demographic is mostly guys who want to save for small trips like road trip and spring break.

These students should care because this app is specifically designed for them. The app will have a specific algorithm that is tailor made for college budgets that may not have a lot of income that many other budgeting apps are tailored for. Also the app will have a very simple interface that will be very easy to use and intuitive.

I think I am very competent in the fact that, as a college student, I know exactly what the typical college student needs and I think that with my technology background, I could hire a team that could design the app. I think the most important part is knowing what your app is trying to do and I think I have a great idea of that.

I think that this revised napkin is a way better interpretation of the things that college students need. I know that college students are normally in need of a lot of guidance especially financial guidance. I realize that some college students may not have enough money to make it through.

Comments

  1. Hi Michael,

    Great start to your discussion post! I found it interesting to learn more about your background first so that the Idea Napkin parameters would make more sense contextually as the details came into play. That being said, I also appreciated you listing your credibility as a college student and how that qualifies and supports your idea need. Personally, I definitely agree with the fact that us college students are in need of some financial guidance going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,

    Your interests are really cool! I find it so fascinating that your major competencies involve technology, because I find that kind of work to be complicated and hard to understand, which is why I am so admired by those who can take these core skills under their wing! This can also serve you very well in many industries, whether it is the food and retail industry, or the technical field!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment