21A - Reading Reflection No. 2

1.) The general theme of the book is centered around social media marketing tips that will help you grow your followers and social media pages to make the most of marketing opportunities. Guy Kawasaki is a genius entrepreneur that began his rise to fame at Apple marketing the Macintosh line of computers that went on to be extremely successful. There is a lot to learn in this book about marketing and in particular social media and technology that could prove to be extremely helpful in the future.

2.) The book really enhanced all of the assignments in ENT3003. I really thought that the tips and advice that Kawasaki talked about were really similar to the methods that we were currently learning in class such as professionalism, cater to your user, know your audience. Running a social media blog is very similar to starting and running a business. It is important to know exactly what your business is doing and who your business is targeted at so that you can post content that exactly caters to those specific people.

3.) If I had to design an exercise that would be a good learning tool for this class I would create an ongoing assignment where you created a facebook page to run a theoretical business. This would be really eye opening for a lot of students because they would realize the amount of work and expertise that it requires to run a facebook page like that. I also think that just simply getting experience in the business side of facebook would be very useful. The platform is very powerful but it is intimidatingly complex and could deter some new users from ever learning how to use it.

4.) I really wasn't too surprised by many of the facts or chapters that I read. Most of the stuff that the book talked about made a lot of sense to me and seemed very logical in terms of social media and business mixing. I really enjoyed reading this book and feel like I have learned a lot from it.

Comments

  1. Hi Michael,

    Although it seems that we have read different books, I am very drawn to the answers you have provided for this book! The exercise you designed in correlation with the book and this class is super neat! It is a great idea to test out a faux product or service to the public through social media and see how the people react. This way, an idea of how well or how bad the product/service might do before releasing or introducing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment